Like many food banks across the county we faced difficult decisions about whether we were able to stay open. Many of our volunteers are classed as at-risk because of their age or due to a health condition so must stay at home and follow social distancing and self-isolation rules
This means we’ve had to make some changes to the way our food bank works in order to keep everybody involved safe.
- We’ve moved to a delivery only system on Mondays and Friday afternoons. Instead of being invited to the shop, people referred will be contacted to see how best we can help.
- We are Coordinating with local agencies to deliver to people those agencies work with
- If you or someone you know needs help please call 07561 699535 (please leave a message) or text and someone will call you back.
- I’m sorry but we cannot offer emergency food. If you need help urgently, please call the councils helpline 0114 273 4567.
- Donations: Thank you to everyone who has offered support. Every donation we receive makes a real difference and we’re grateful for your generosity in this time of uncertainty. Chapeltown ASDA is taking donations if you shop there or please contact the above number and we’ll arrange collection.